Insight Mobile (Android) release notes v1.8.0
This section presents the features introduced or enhanced in the Insight Mobile (Android) v1.8.0 release.
Screen Time Reset Action introduced
A new Screen Time Reset Workflow Rule Action has now been introduced to enable you to prevent your Android device's screen from going into sleep mode or turn it back on when a certain trigger or a condition is met.
For example, if you select the Incoming Barcode Trigger with the Screen Time Reset Action, your Android device's screen sleep timer is reset on every barcode scan. Also, if your screen is already in sleep more, this Action turns it back on.
To learn more, see How to add a Workflow Rule.
Pairing barcode now displays on Insight Mobile start
When starting the Insight Mobile app, if no scanner is connected, the pairing barcode now displays automatically without having to select Scan2Pair manually.
To learn more, see Scan2Pair.
New warning notifications introduced
The following warning notifications have now been introduced when updating scanner firmware manually:
- When updating scanner firmware manually, you now get a notification if your scanner has a higher firmware version installed than the one you selected in Insight Mobile.
- Trying to downgrade the scanner's firmware version now results in an error notification telling you that downgrading is not possible.
- If your scanner has a firmware version 1.x installed, a notification will now display telling you that updating firmware version from 1.x to 2.x is not yet available.
The following warning notifications have now been introduced when importing configuration files:
- The Insight Mobile app now displays a notification if the imported configuration file contains settings not supported by the current Insight Mobile version.
- The Insight Mobile app now displays an error if the imported configuration file contains invalid entries or is corrupted. In case of an invalid configuration file, the default configuration is used.
Workflow Rules migrated to Insight Webportal
Features section enhanced
The Features section of the Insight Mobile (Android) documentation page has now been split into two sub-sections:
- Basic features - out-of-the-box features that can be used in the mobile app's UI
- Code-level features - features that support code-level integration via SDK or broadcast Intents
|Issue||Bug Description||Bug Fix|
|AN-567||If the scanner's firmware version is different from Insight Mobile's, the app offers to update the scanner's firmware even if the scanner's firmware version is higher than Insight Mobile's.||If the scanner's firmware version is different from Insight Mobile's, the app now only offers to update the scanner's firmware if the scanner's firmware version is lower than Insight Mobile's. If the scanner's firmware version is higher than the Insight Mobile's, a notification now warns you that you are about to downgrade the scanner's firmware version.|
|AN-596||If Bluetooth connection is disabled while Scan2Pair screen is displayed, tapping the Retry button does not work and just reloads the screen.||If Bluetooth connection is disabled while Scan2Pair screen is displayed, tapping the Retry button now properly opens the system settings for enabling Bluetooth connection.|