A configuration can have multiple profiles, one Default Profile and six additional ones. The profiles in the configuration file contain specific scanner and Insight Mobile settings related to Connectivity Settings, Device Settings, Zero-touch Firmware Update, Symbology Settings, and Workflow Rules.
Using profiles, you can control Insight Mobile or scanner behavior on a use case or process step basis. For example, if two workers use the same Android device, or a scanner, in different shifts for different use cases, the active profile can be switched accordingly eliminating the need to provision the devices with a new
ProGlove.proconfig file every shift.
To learn how to add multiple profiles to the configuration file, see Profile configuration.
The Default Profile is the main (fallback) profile and is automatically active when:
ProGlove.proconfigis added for the first time
ProGlove.proconfigis changed and it does not contain a profile that matches the profile name (ID) of the currently active profile triggered by the app.
When using multiple profiles:
- Only one profile can be active at a time
- Only the active profile's configuration is applied
- When a scanner is paired, it is configured with the scanner configuration from the active profile
Note: Make sure that the connected scanner has the firmware version that allows wireless configuration, otherwise the configuration will fail. Supported scanner firmware versions are 1.5.1 and higher.
- Only the active profile's Integration Path and Workflow Rules are executed when certain events happen (e.g. on barcode scan or scanner pairing).
The active profile can be changed in two ways:
- Using Intent/SDK (see How to activate a profile)
- By reverting to the default profile when adding or changing the existing
Once set, the profile stays active even after Insight Mobile or Android device restart.
Profiles SDK/Intent API
A configuration Profile includes the scanner configuration and Workflow Rules. Profiles are identified using a unique profile name (ID).
Profile commands, like all commands that trigger an action on a scanner, are queued in Insight Mobile by default.
By providing a boolean valued extra
com.proglove.api.extra.REPLACE_QUEUE or a special flag in
PgCommandParams, this behavior can be changed to replace the queue with the new command.
To learn more, see Queueing Behavior.
How to set the Supervisor view password
- Log into Insight Webportal.
- Under Configurations, create a new or modify an existing configuration.
- In the Profile Configuration section, select Password for Supervisor view in Insight Mobile.
- In the Create a supervisor view password field, enter your password.
The entered password is now active for the selected profile.
Note: If you want the password to apply to all profiles, select Use as default for all profiles.